Take the 2-minute tour ×
Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Is there any program that can change the resolution of the desktop virtually, for example my laptop has 1366x768 resolution, i want to have a 1920*1080 resolution and scaling 1920x1080 to 1366x768.

share|improve this question

closed as off topic by Ƭᴇcʜιᴇ007, Simon Sheehan, 8088, Synetech, TFM Nov 19 '12 at 1:30

Questions on Super User are expected to relate to computer software or computer hardware within the scope defined by the community. Consider editing the question or leaving comments for improvement if you believe the question can be reworded to fit within the scope. Read more about reopening questions here.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

If you downvote, could you please give me a reason Why you down vote,so that I can fix the problem... –  salihrkc Nov 18 '12 at 22:03
I agree. I think the downvote was unhelpful. I think you're asking a hard but interesting question. –  Nicole Hamilton Nov 18 '12 at 22:20
Can you add some detail about why you want to do this? If we could understand the problem you are trying to solve, there might be other approaches. –  Paul Nov 18 '12 at 22:52
I just want more workspace on my desktop. –  salihrkc Nov 18 '12 at 22:53
If it's just about more desktop space, you might like Sysinternal's Desktop utility technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/cc817881, which allows you to create 4 desktops and switch between them. –  Nicole Hamilton Nov 18 '12 at 22:58

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.