Take the 2-minute tour ×
Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Web map services no longer display correctly in ArcGIS and Google Earth - no one else on network is experiencing these. Using windows 7 OS. These problem began abruptly (1 day they were working, the next they were not). Specific problems include not displaying at all; correct display on 10% of the monitor and repeating lines of coloured squiggles and text on the remaining 90%; and small, widely spaced, pixels in place of colour fill.

Links where this occurs:

arcgis

http://wms.ess-ws.nrcan.gc.ca/wms/toporama_en

Google earth

http://openmaps.gov.bc.ca/kml/BCGov_Web_Map_Library.kml

I can't pinpoint any changes to the computer setup which may have prompted this, however, adding arcgis 10.1 SP 1 occured around the same time. Probably just a coincidence.

Anyone had similar problems? or solutions to these?

Thanks for any thoughts.

Jim

share|improve this question

2 Answers 2

The solution to my problem was: Closing Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 allowed all Web Map Services to display correctly. Restarting the software restarted the problem. Have been unable to determine why and so have posted queries to Kaspersky.

Thanks! Jim

share|improve this answer
up vote 0 down vote accepted

The problem has been solved by uninstalling Kaspersky, reinstalling, updating Kaspersky's database and rebooting.

Jim

share|improve this answer

Your Answer

 
discard

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.