Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Possible Duplicate:
Is there a shortcut or way in Windows 7 to switch same application’s windows, like Cmd + ~ in Mac.l

Is there any shortcut in windows switch windows in same program. In Mac OSX is

Command + ~

Is there any shortcut like this in Windows?

share|improve this question

marked as duplicate by Ƭᴇcʜιᴇ007, TFM, akira, Synetech, RedGrittyBrick Nov 20 '12 at 10:30

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

up vote 2 down vote accepted

In Mac OSX, Command + Tab switches between applications, even if you have multiple windows open in each application. (You have three windows open in Firefox, but it still has only one item in the Command + Tab popup. This is what Command + ~ is for.

In Windows, each window is represented as its own entity. Alt + Tab cycles through all windows, of all applications.

share|improve this answer

It depends on which application are you using, for example

Ctrl + Tab

switches between tabs in all browsers in Windows. And take a look at the link below:

keyboard Shorcuts

share|improve this answer
Incorrect. This is usually to open a new tab. – Matthew Kennedy Nov 20 '12 at 6:08

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .