I have a Microsoft Surface device that crashes under a specific scenario. I'm a developer, and have filed a report with Microsoft. However, they are having trouble reproducing the issue. I'm wondering if anyone else out there, who owns a Surface, can reproduce the following crash:
- Reboot the Surface (make sure to be in landscape mode).
- From the Start Menu, open up the desktop - this is needed so that you can snap the application.
- Open up the Windows Mail Application and put it into "filled" mode, where it takes up 2/3 of the screen, and is side-by-side with the desktop.
- Create a new email message - this should bring up the soft keyboard.
- Rotate the screen into portrait mode to cause a resize. Rotate back to Landscape.
- Mail should crash, taking down the Windows GUI Shell. If it doesn't crash, try rotating the device a few times (landscape -> portrait -> landscape etc)
Edit: I should add that if your device crashes, you can "un-crash" it by logging out and logging back in. To do this press the Windows button and power button at the same time (or press ctrl-alt-del). You should then see options, one of which is log out.