I'm having a connection problems with several multi-player games. It always happen during loading screens before the match, and I'm having problems identifying what could be the potential problem.
I'll list some games and what's happening:
- League of Legends: I'm able to chat and click start the match. Before the big loading screen would appear I get black screen. After a while I get a message that connection failed and I should check my firewall. Once (in about 30 tries) I got passed that message by clicking retry and got in game but kept loosing connection (get a small window saying "attempting to reconnect").
- Team Fortress 2: I'm able to start the tutorial (which is local I believe) and I can see the list of servers available. Once I select I server and loading starts it freezes on "Loading resources..." for a few minutes and then time-outs.
- Gotham City Impostors: Pretty much the same as above. First mission (tutorial) works, I get matched with other people, and then get stuck on pre-match loading until time out.
- Dota2: it freezes on loading pre-match or when I select a reply to watch. No time out it just stays there.
Other possible clues:
- I also have Diablo3 and Startcraft2 and both those games work perfectly in multi-player.
- My firewall is disabled.
- My router is probably fine, I tested LoL on a different computer in my house (same network) it works great.
- I'm using 32Mb/s cable internet
Any ideas what could cause such a behavior? I'm asking here because it seems to me that some software might lock a common port or a protocol is not working or something...
(I'm not sure this is the right place to ask, if not please let me know where can I place this question)