I have bought Samsung 530U3C notebook with i5-3317/12GB RAM/500GB HDD/24GB ExpressCache/Windows 8 preinstalled. I would like to install my own clean version of Win8. But I would like to preserve recovery partition. I will sell this laptop in probably 1-1.5 year and I would like to be able to restore settings to factory ones.
What is more, in the future I would like to install Ubuntu as well, but Windows goes first.
At the moment discs and partitions looks like below (sorry for non English screen):
- 500MB - recovery partition
- 300MB - system partition
- 442.22GB - Drive C: - Boot, Page File, Crash Dump, Primary partition
- 21.64GB - recovery partition
- 1.00GB - recovery partition
- 9.00GB - primary partition
- 13.24GB - primary partition
Which partitions can I format and which of them should I preserve?
Can I format and merge partitions from that 24GB ExpressCache and install Windows on it?