Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I'm looking for an iTunes ID3 tag editor for OS X.

I've tried a lot such as iEatBrainz and PolluxApp. Aside from the usual tagging, album artwork and lyrics are also important to me. Most taggers I've tried haven't inserted lyrics reliably.

share|improve this question

closed as off-topic by Jens Erat, and31415, Kevin Panko, random Jul 29 '14 at 3:48

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

  • "Questions seeking product, service, or learning material recommendations are off-topic because they become outdated quickly and attract opinion-based answers. Instead, describe your situation and the specific problem you're trying to solve. Share your research. Here are a few suggestions on how to properly ask this type of question." – Jens Erat, and31415, Kevin Panko, random
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

up vote 1 down vote accepted

It's not free, but TuneUp is a really good product. Did wonders on my library, which had a ton of music that I took from podcasts (song of the day stuff). Made it pretty simple to get the right album and meta-data as well as the album art.

TuneUp is able to intelligently fix your music library using cutting-edge acoustic fingerprinting technology, which evaluates the song's digital DNA and references it against Gracenote's MusicID™, the world's largest database of music metadata.

share|improve this answer
yeah it works, but horribly. This program crashes 99% of the time, and the other 1% just sits there consuming about 20% of my CPU.. yes it works, but only open it when you need to do some cleaning. – JT.WK Apr 21 '10 at 10:54

Check out Jaikoz Audio Tagger, it has full iTunes integration and it's available for Windows, Mac, and Linux. There is also Tune Up, the basic version is free but limited.

alt text

share|improve this answer

I've been on the hunt myself and haven't found anything as good as mp3tag for windows. So I've got that in virtualbox and playonmac (foss all the way).

Picard is nice in that you can add any fields you want (I often edit TCOP/WCOP/WOAF when releasing tracks under the creative commons) but I can't figure out how to change album art with it.

For a scriptable solution I've crawled back to the command line and have been using the free eyed3 which can be installed via macports

id3 editor is the fastest launching solution I've found but it costs money and doesn't have access to any custom fields.

share|improve this answer

Personally I've always been pretty pleased with the crowd sourced information from MusicBrainz via their Picard tagger. I don't remember it supplying Lyrics and Artwork though so it may not be up to your requirements.

share|improve this answer
There is a plugin for Picard that fetches artwork from Amazon. – Debilski Nov 3 '09 at 23:56

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.