Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I am interested in trying some HDMI-output devices, but having that output piped into my computer. Is there something like an "EasyCap" for HDMI, piping the data in through perhaps something like USB3?

share|improve this question

In order to pipe video into your computer, you will need a video capture card. There are indeed USB devices that can handle this, but they are not of the 10-cent USB adapter variety.

Here is an example of the sort of hardware that is designed for the task that you want to accomplish, but the price is most certainly not in the 10-cent range that you were likely hoping for:

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.