first of all i know, i'm sorry, this sound like the classic silly question "my computer is slow this morning" but if you keep reading you may find out it's not.
On 2 (identical) computer of my network (100+ computer) Adobe PDF Reader open pdf files very slow (about 20 to 30 seconds per file and when the file is opened, if the file has multiple pages, the scroll is "laggy")
What i've tried:
- Adobe Reader versions 9, 10, 11 all have the same problem
- other PCs in the same GPO with the same group policy etc don't have any problem
- Fox it reader runs fine but for policy reason i'd prefer to stick with adobe reader for all machines in the domain
- I tried to open PDF files from local hard drive, USB drive, Network drive all have the same problem
- No matter the size of the PDF (100kb to 10Mb) the loading time is still the same (20-30 seconds)
- No matter the type of pdf (image, text, mixed, optimized, not optimized) the loading time still the same (20-30 secs)
- If i open adobe reader without opening a file it opens in a seconds like it should do, but when i hit open a pdf file it just frooze for the, stated above, 20-30 secs
- Updated the graphic driver with no appreciable changes
- All other programs etc run smooth (autocad included).
- I've tried 2 different antivirus (and without antivirus): Symantec endpoint protection, kaspersky endpoint protection
What i think:
- Seems to be a rendering problem those 2 machines but i can't pinpoint where exactly is the problem. These are the only 2 workstation in the network to be affected.
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional 32-bit SP3 CPU Intel Xeon @ 2.40GHz 45 °C Bloomfield 45nm Technology RAM 4,00 GB Triple-Channel DDR3 @ 533MHz (7-7-7-20) Motherboard Dell Inc. 0XPDFK (CPU) Graphics Schermo predefinito (1280x1024@75Hz) 256MB Quadro NVS 295 (nVidia) 47 °C Hard Drives 466GB Western Digital WDC WD5000AAKS-75V0A0 (RAID) 33 °C Optical Drives HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM DH20N Audio SoundMAX Integrated Digital High Definition Audio
Full system report available here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3n9iq11cn4uqnt6/PCMAZ050.txt
What do you suggest?
Thank you in advance for your kind replys!