Windows 8 Enterprise edition x86. Already enabled hibernate option, to have it on shutdown menu (start menu?) and set to hibernate on lid closing. However it's not hibernating for me. When I'm trying to sleep, it's sleep fine and wake up like a kid. But when I'm demanding hibernate, it disconnects internet, turn off screen and be back to lock screen in one second.
Steps I've tried.
- Complete shutdown
- Clear hiberfile.sys by disabling and enabling back
- Resetting my power settings.
Causes I suspect:
- Had dual boot with BackTrack with Windows 8 GUI boot manager.
- It was fine until I reinstall BackTrack, bootmgr resetted and I'm in Ubuntu boot menu;.
- Using additional hard disk through USB cable.(But it's not a problem before few days, however)
How to make my system to hibernate and wakeup again.