I'm searching a console-application which helps me managing my portable mp3-player. The player is a simple mountpoint so nothing special here.
My Wish-Application would work as following:
- I provide a folder where I symlink all media-files I want on my device.
- I run the application, it does the following:
- Convert the mediafiles into a playable format if my player cant handle the format (flac->mp3). Also apply the tags of the source-file to the converted file. Cache the converted file so on the next sync the conversion hasn't have to be done again.
- Check if the files fit onto the device, otherwise throw an error
- Copy the files onto my device (mounted to a mountpoint)
I know there will be no application which does exactly this but is there something similar? I also know I could construct something like this by myself (using rsync, sox, du) but I want to save the work if there is something usuable.
Thanks for help!