First time posting here, so sorry if things aren't in the usual format.
Issue: Working on a friend's laptop with WiFi issues. Laptop can connect to my WiFi network with no issues, but refuses to connect to hers. When I attempt to connect to her network, the connection window pops up with "Getting Information from $Network". It never gets to the point where it allows me to enter a password or anything.
- Laptop connects to other WPA2 secured networks
- WiFi has plenty of signal
What I have tried so far:
- Reinstalled driver from Dell website
- Cleared all wireless networks from the stored networks list
- Cleared all references to $Network in the registry, multiple places
- Restarted multiple times
- Unable to test with Ubuntu as WiFi card is not supported on the live distro
If I add the network manually in the remembered networking panel, it will connect fine.
It's as if there is some corrupted setting pertaining to $Network, but I can't find it anywhere.