I am running Ubuntu LTS 12.04 and I have mounted an ISO image to the
/media directory. The command I used to
mount -t iso9660 -o loop,ro name_of_iso.iso /media.
- Am I correct to refer to it as a device although is a locally mounted image?
- Why is that when I attempt to attach an external harddrive, I get the message that it is unable to mount as there is already another device mounted?
- Why does Ubuntu create a new directory for it as it generally would?
- How does Ubuntu automatically create a directory that reflects the name of the device which it then mounts to?
- Does it mean that if I want to mount multiple devices manually i.e. by running the
mountcommand I would need to create directories in the