I have a W2008 R2 installed on a different network (I am on 192.168.0.x - new server on 192.168.3.x)
I had trouble ping and RDP to it. I disabled the firewall to test the connection:
and that opened the ping feature
but I still can not RDP to that machine. the allow remote access is enabled
As per sinni80 idea - Here is the error message
The networks are divided by a Fortigate 60-B router - 2ndy interface for the gateway is 192.168.3.254 (and pingable from all)
- any to any rule on both networks is in place.
As per Joe Schmoe idea - I am able to RDP to 192.168.3.1 from 192.168.3.3 (which is on the same network)
Data to add: - The servers are on a VM host, each of the servers has 2 nics
- one is DHCP enabled into the 192.168.0.x network
- 2nd is static IP in the 192.168.3.x
-- Further information:
- The network 192.168.0.x - are on a domain network (active Directory)
- The network 192.168.3.x - are grouped in a workgroup
What should I check more please?