Take the 2-minute tour ×
Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Possible Duplicate:
Is there a definitive reference for Windows shortcuts keys?

I am trying to re-train my fingers to avoid the use of home/end since those are not available on Mac keyboards. I have to use both Mac and Windows.

So, other than home/end, are there standard keyboard shortcuts to go to the begin/end of a line of text in Windows apps?

share|improve this question

marked as duplicate by Ƭᴇcʜιᴇ007, Diogo, 8088, Canadian Luke, ChrisF Dec 5 '12 at 0:02

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

If it isn't a laptop, then you could simply replace your keyboard. Almost any standard USB keyboard will work fine with an iMac, Mac mini, or Mac Pro. –  Zoredache Dec 4 '12 at 18:56
That's the issue, I'm usually on the laptop. Thanks anyway. –  ryanman Dec 4 '12 at 18:58

1 Answer 1

up vote 0 down vote accepted

According to an article on Wikipedia, not really. The Mac equivalents of Home / End are Cmd+ or Ctrl+A / Cmd+ or Ctrl+E.

Ctrl+A in Windows is "select all" of course. Ctrl+E is generally only to jump to the address bar in a browser. In Windows Ctrl+arrow jumps words.

share|improve this answer

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.