I'd like to use an IMAP client to have an offline backup and access to Gmail. Now I use mutt, but I am not very satisfied. What is the best IMAP client for Linux to use with Gmail?
I want it to be
- multithreaded and responsive even on large folders
- integrated with Gmail spam filtering (report spam) and archive features
- capable to deal with Gmail folder names (which depend on language settings in Gmail!)
- using some standard local storage (maildir, mh, whatever)
- with quick local search (or integrated with any desktop search engine)
- good and convenient in offline mode
- aware of various i18n issues
Is there any contact synchronization tool except GCALDaemon?