- Windows 7 64-bit SP1 with updates, fresh install
- Intel Core 2 Duo E4500
- 3GB RAM
- MSI GeForce 210 1GB (passive cooling)
- Abit IB9 motherboard (no integrated graphics)
- nothing overclocked
Everything works great with built-in VGA drivers, but after installing nVidia drivers
(no matter what version, tried various from 266.58 to 310.70 with clean uninstall/install)
system restarts to complete the drivers installation, and then gets BSOD (BCCode: 116) trying to boot.
Booting in safe mode and restoring VGA drivers makes it boot properly again.
- testing memory with memtest
- disabling devices (sound & network) in BIOS
- cleaning dust
What can I do to install nVidia drivers?