I'm trying to print parts of my thesis (produced by LATEX), but the file being sent to the printer is way larger than my both my pdf, and the memory usage of the pdf viewer. I searched around a bit, and found that if my pdf contains layers, this can cause printing to be slow, but acrobat reader PRO doesn't seem to find any layers in my documents.
I've also tried to print to PDF (using Bullzip), and the file size jumps about 20X, while memory usage jumps another 100X.
- original PDF file (11 pages): 247 kB
- memory usage: 6.8 MB
- PDF printed to PDF (11 pages): 5.6 MB
- memory usage: 200 - 400 MB
- PDF printed to PDF (2 pages): 1.25 MB
- memory usage: 118 MB
- original file -> 2 pages to the printer: 12.4 MB sent to the printer
What can be the cause of this?