I am running the latest version of Google Chrome
23.0.1271.97 (Official Build 171054) m on Windows 7. Any new extension I install simply disappears (not disabled, total disappearance) once I close and re-start Google Chrome. This is not happening to any of my old extensions; they stay there across Chrome re-starts.
I tried everything Google Help suggested:
I created new user profile by renaming the
I checked for any permission change that the extensions might have undergone. This is not the case.
I am not running in developer mode.
This happens when I close all instances of Google Chrome. Even if one instance of Chrome is running, this doesn't happen. But I can't have an instance of Google Chrome always running.
I even reported the issue to Google Chrome team to no avail and new.crbug.com is offline. And I skimmed through many threads opened for the same issue only to find souls like me. Stack Exchange is my last resort.