I bought a external Harddrive today, A Samsung. But I'm not able to do anything with it A few notes on that.
- I can't put anything on the harddrive. It keeps on 'preparing copying files'
- I can delete anything on the harddrive system files, except the folder ".Trashes". It gives error 'Unexpected error: -50'
- I've tried to empty my own trashcan, no changes.
- I've set the file permission on the .Trashes to read/write everyone, doesn;t change a thing
- Trying to format the whole drive with DiskUtility, but quits at start, because the drive cannot be deactivated
I've tried a few terminal commands
- sudo -s -r rf /Volumes/Untitled\ 1/.Trashes - Directory not empty
- -r rf /Volumes/Untitled\ 1/.Trashes - no permissions
- cd /Volumes ls -al cd name_of_partition ls -al
- -rm -rf .Trashes
Again: Permission error.
- I can't change drive permissions via Disk Utility, via the button 'recover drive permissions', because it is 'blank'
I really can't figure out how to delete .Trashes, format the drive or get the damn thing working.
p.s. If this is the wrong Stack Exchange site: Please redirect me!