Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I want some UTP cabling from a cabinet terminated on a desk, much like a patch panel in a 19" rack. But since it is on a desk, and no 19" rack is available there, I was wondering if there were products that have the same function, but are nicer to put on a desk. Something that looks more like a home switch.

share|improve this question

I don't know your desk - but, I would suggest:

Terminating to a socket similar to this:

enter image description here

and finding a nice backbox or similar that matches the design of your room/desk and make it look all nice, or buy an all in one box + front - for example:

enter image description here

There are many similar products - Just search for RJ45 mounts/boxes/desk etc.

Or if this was my room... just terminate to a RJ45 plug and leave it on your desk!

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.