- Start Dreamweaver and go to Edit > Tag Library Editor
- Click on the plus “+” icon and select New Tag Library
- Give your new tag library a name, something like “HTML5 tags”
- Select the type of documents you want the HTML5 tags to be used in from the “Used in“ list
- Now, click on the plus “+” icon again and select New Tags this time
- Type the HTML5 tags you’d like to add
TIP: add multiple tags at once – copy and paste this selection of tags if you like:
article, aside, audio, canvas, command, datagrid, datalist, details, dialog, figure, footer, header, hgroup, mark, meter, nav, output, progress, rp, rt, ruby, section, source, time, video
- Next, you can add HTML5 global attributes to these tags. Click on the plus “+” icon and select Add Attributes
- Select the HTML5 tags library you created before and select the tag you want to give attributes to. You can comfortably add the global attributes to all new HTML5 tags:
class, id, style, contenteditable, irrelevant, tabindex, contextmenu, lang, template, dir, ref, title, draggable, registrationmark However check to see if any specific tag attributes should be added too …and click OK.
- Once that is done you can also assign attribute types where possible, ie: class = CssStyle or dir = Enumerator (with values: ltr, rtl) etc.
- That’s it!