My Host Only Networking stopped working, how do I reset it ?
I tried disabling and re-enabling Local Area Connection and VirtualBox Host-Only Network but VirtualBox Host-Only Network is still showing on Unidentified Network / not getting internet, making all my VM's on 10.0.3.15 and not able to communicate with one another.
Original Oracle Virtual Box VM Manager Networking Setup Instructions
- In the VirtualBox Manager, go to your VM’s Settings.
- Click on Network.
- Change your settings to the following: Attached to: Host-only Adapter, Name: VirtualBox Host-Only Ethernet Adapter, Promiscuous Mode=Allow All, Check Cable Connected, click OK, then close this window.
- Select File > Preferences.
- Click Network.
- Click the Properties button (screwdriver). Enter the following IPv4 Address 192.168.137.1 and IPv4 Network Mask 255.255.255.0 and Click on the DHCP Server tab to make sure it is not enabled.
- On the host machine, go the Network and Sharing Center and select Change Adapter Settings.
- Right-click and select Properties. Click on Sharing tab.
- Your settings should look like the following: Check Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet Connection Home Networking connection: VirtualBox Host-Only Network, Check Allow other network users to control or disable the shared Internet Connection
- Click OK. Click Yes on next screen.
- Reset network connections on VMs and you should be good to go!