Having a laptop and desktop, both installed Windows 8 x86. I have Ethernet cable which is plugged directly without any router or any other device. I've followed this steps : http://www.wikihow.com/Connect-Two-Computers-Together-with-an-Ethernet-Cable to share files from one machine to another. But I'm seeing only laptop name on the network folder of laptop, and desktop name on the desktop's network folder.
- Both having same work group name.
- Turned on the sharing option on "Unidentified network" item on network connections list.
- I can access PC 'A' folder from PC 'B', but can't do it in vice versa
- Can't see A on B's network folder neither B on A's network folder.
- A's folder can be accessed only by navigating to
\A\foldername. Not by visible folders/clicks.