Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I used to connect via a Sitecom WL-174 directly to ADSL internet. There were some pc's which connected wirelessly and some connected with a wire.

Now we got another provider and we need to use the router which came with it. It is also a wireless router. It works perfectly.

But I need to connect the other pc's which were connected with a wire previously.

Is it possible to connect the Sitecom router wirelessly to the other router?

If so, how? Thanks.

share|improve this question
How we doing on this one, chief? – hyperslug Oct 10 '09 at 10:32
Thijs. How do you pronounce Thijs? /THICHZ/? I would have trouble saying that quickly. Thijs. Perhaps you could use a vowel in there. I recommend an u between the j and the s. Thijus. I will now call you Thijus. – hyperslug Mar 21 '10 at 13:41
A question was posted by Wouters, – hyperslug Apr 12 '10 at 2:49
Regarding his trouble with routers. – hyperslug Apr 20 '10 at 2:19
We thought, "With our brains," – hyperslug May 2 '10 at 19:04

Are you trying to make a wireless bridge?

                                      |       |
  +----------+    +--------------+   ||       ||   +----------------+
  | Internet |----| New Wireless |--|||       |||--| Sitecom WL-174 |
  |          |    | Router       |   ||       ||   +----------------+
  +----------+    +--------------+    |       |          |
                                                    Wired Computers

You'll need a router that supports this specifically. I didn't see anything in the manual about wireless bridging. It did mention "bridge mode" but that refers to a connection to the ISP that is more transparent than the normal settings.

3rd party firmwares like DD-WRT can enable this function but your router is not supported by that. You could still use it as a switch if you had a really long CAT 5 cable.

share|improve this answer

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .