Trying to remote into a windows machine from a mac using their instructions:
- On your home computer, install and open putty (http://www.putty.org/)
- Enter a name into the Saved Sessions field.
- Enter the IP address into the address field: 184.108.40.206
- Set the port to 1111 and the protocol to SSH.
- Select the Tunnels option near the bottom of the category tree.
- Enter 1234 into the Source port field and name.example.com:5678 into the Destination field, where name is the name of your computer name.
- Click the add button.
- Return to the Session panel and click the Save button.
- Click the open button to start the session.
- Log in to the session using your email account name and password and leave the terminal open.
- Run remote desktop located at Programs->Accessories or Programs->Accessories->Communications
- In the computer field, enter localhost:3391. (If you do not have Windows XP SP2, you may need to use 127.0.0.2:3391).
(ports and IPs changed)
I am trying to use terminal and I think this is the cmd i want:
ssh -l userName -L 1234:firstname.lastname@example.org:5678 -p 1111 220.127.116.11
I might be wrong, but it does let me log on. when trying to use remote desktop i get this error:
channel 3: open failed: administratively prohibited: open failed