I cannot open my .one OneNote files.
I get this error when I try to open my .one file in OneNote Enterprise 2007:
This file is from a different version of OneNote. Your version cannot load this file. There may be a converter available on the Office.com Web site that will enable it to do so.
Could it be that I had a different service pack or a different OneNote version before?
For other .one files it says that they are corrupted.
My OneNote version:
Microsoft Office OneNnote 2007 (12.0.6606.1000) SP2 MSO (12.0.6545.5004)
I am running Windows 7 x64.
I have tried several applications and methods, including:
- Office Enterprise 2007 SP2
- Office Professional Plus 2007 SP2
- dragging the .one files to Microsoft Notepad but all I see is garbled text for the most part, which isn't really useful to me.
- print them to PDF. I can't even open the .one files I have. I don't have any .backup files neither.
- /forcerepair option in OneNote
None of them worked.
How do I extract the contents of the .one OneNote files I have to something readable? I need the (important) content that is in those files.