I have a system that powers up. The CD/DVD drive fires up, I can hear the hard drive spin on, and all the fans spin. However, the monitor doesn't display anything. I have made a checklist of things I have done/checked.
- The monitor: it works on another computer, so I don't think that is the problem
- The onboard GPU: I purchased a cheap PCI express GPU, and plugged it in; still no graphics
- The memory: My other system doesn't have the same type of RAM, so I couldn't check if they work on it. I did, however try to turn it on with one stick at a time, but problem persisted. I even removed all the RAM... isn't the motherboard supposed to beep if it doesn't have any RAM?
- Other components (hdd, wifi pci express card, disk drive): Still wouldn't display anything with all of them removed.
- CPU: Incompatible with my other system. Again, after removing it, shouldn't the motherboard beep at me or something?
The fact that the motherboard isn't beeping when I remove the RAM or CPU makes me think it is at fault, except all of the other components (hdd, disk drive, fans, ect.) still turn on. Do you have any suggestions of what I could try next?