- Had Grub Legacy installed booting linux sucessfully.
- Made a backup of Grub's mbr with
dd if=/dev/sda of=backupmbr bs=512 count=1
- Installed Windows 8 Pro.
- Windows 8 overwrote MBR, as expected.
- Recovered with dd for windows:
`dd if=backupmbr of=\Harddisk.... bs=512 count=1
- Grub is loading.
- Linux is loading sucessfully.
- When booting Windows 8 it hangs on a Preparing Automatic Repair screen. There's no disk activity, it just hangs forever. Tried to use Shift+F8 to show Windows's boot options, with no luck (actually, I don't how to do it, I tried to keep both keys pressed before selecting
Windows 8entry and tried to smash them repeatdly, and they both failed (the last one resulted on keyboard beeping))
- Windows 8 booting sucessfully again, by selecting the corresponding entry on Grub Legacy.
I need some help with the future part.