I searched before asking, but I didn't find any of the alternatives mentioned here good enough to replace XP's cmd.exe.
I'd like a Win32 (not .Net: Too slow to load) alternative to XP's cmd.exe that can at least do this:
- Can be maximized to the screen, not limited in width like cmd.exe or TCC/LE (80 characters?)
- If a filename is too long to fit in the screen, selecting it with the mouse must end with the full name, not with some CLRF added, so I don't end up with something like:
This is a lon
Is there an alternative that satisfies those requirements, either free or affordable?
PS: As feedback, here's why I gave up on Console-2, Windows PowerShell 3.0, and TCC/LE:
- cross-platform: Prefer native app
- can't maximize window
Windows PowerShell 3.0:
- .Net app
- "Windows cannot open this file: Windows6.1-KB2506143-x86.msu"
TCC/LE 13.05.69 (ex-4NT):
- To be able to select text, must do like cmd.exe: Properties > Edit Options > check QuickEdit mode
- Can't maximize window: Like cmd.exe, limited to 80 characters?