I bought two 2TB advanced format drives.
One of them is a 2TB WD Caviar Green WD20EARX, the other is a 2TB Seagate Barracuda ST2000DM001.
I have the following questions:
- What is the best partition extension?
- What is the best allocation unit size? (don't give a consideration for wasted space)
- Should I use any aligning tool for more safety even if I'm using Windows 7?
- Which one of the hard disks would be better for the OS? (Windows 7 and 8 only)
- If I am going to partition both of them into two partitions C:, D:
- Should I make both C: and D: primary?
- Or make C: primary and D: extended logical? ADDED:- 6- is there any performance difference between using MBR or GPT ?