My NVIDIA GT440 doesn't work with current Debian Squeeze - it shows only 1024x768 as max.
I did almost everything like
- xorg.conf (delete, creating etc.)
- download the NVIDIA driver from NV (doesn't work)
- objdump nouveau etc driver/libs (they're lookin ok)
- substituting the drivers/libs from SystemRescue CD to my installation
- using correct params for my LCD
What me wonders: On the SystemRescue the resolution eg. 1440x900 works - Wonder why??
Please could some Linux X11-Server Guru help me (I hope no compilation of nouveau is required) ;-)))