Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I had my motherboard destroyed by a spill on my laptop. I was able to retrieve data onto an external drive. I do not plan to repair/restore the laptop and the MS Office Professional software was "Product Key Card - for 1 preloaded PC only. Am I SOL as far as the software is concerned?

share|improve this question
i believe if you call microsoft and explain them what happened, you will be fine. – Lorenzo Von Matterhorn Jan 12 '13 at 20:29

You could possibly use the product key to install Office on a different computer, but the license terms might forbid that. Unfortunately, the only people who can give a definitive answer are Microsoft. I suggest you call their support line and pose your question to them.

share|improve this answer
The OP's question was about Office, not Windows. – Karan Jan 14 '13 at 1:05

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .