Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I must have clicked something and have a developer tool open in Firefox that I can't find a way to close, and it's taking up a good portion of the right side of my browser window. I've taken a screenshot of it. Is there a way to get rid of this?

enter image description here

share|improve this question

There should be a x at the upper right corner of the page click it otherwise simply click on the tool and hit Escape

enter image description here

share|improve this answer
It's in the bottom right corner or the page, though. o.o' – Ariane Jan 13 '13 at 6:27
There are two [x] buttons. – Wk_of_Angmar Jan 13 '13 at 12:01

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.