Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I want to rotate a monitor 90 degrees, but the usual Ctrl+Alt+Arrow command isn't working.

Where is the menu to enable that?

  • Monitor: HP L2245wg
  • Graphics card: NVIDIA Quadro NVS 285

I actually already have the monitor rotated, but I would like to use the keystrokes in the future rather than digging through eight windows.

share|improve this question
up vote 4 down vote accepted

That shortcut is typically enabled through the Nvidia control panel. I have no idea if it is also available on ATI cards.

Take a look in the ATI / Nvidia program and see if you can enable it as a option, if it does not support the hotkeys, you should manually be able to rotate the screen.

share|improve this answer

For Intel Graphics users, right click your Desktop and select Graphics Options. Enable/Disable 'Hot Keys' for tackling such issues:

enter image description here

share|improve this answer

the ctrl+alt+arrow combination you want is from Intels graphics driver. It's not something that's built into Windows XP.

Different manufacturers have different options to enable this and I don't really see anything about Nvidia having this.

share|improve this answer
Thanks, I hate the ctrl+alt hotkeys, it was screwing up my multiple-desktop app (virtuawin). You helped me find where to disable it. – andrew Jul 20 '12 at 19:02

I haven't tried it, but iRotate says it will enable Ctrl-Alt-Arrow shortcuts for most graphics cards in Windows XP.

share|improve this answer
  1. Right click desktop.
  2. Click personalize.
  3. Click control panel home on the left of the window that pops open.
  4. Click display.
  5. Click change display settings on the left of the window that pops open.
  6. Where the orientation setting is, change the landscape option to any other option, depending on which way that you want your screen to be.
share|improve this answer
Please don't shout! This is not an answer to the original question. To critique or request clarification from an author, leave a comment below their post - you can always comment on your own posts, and once you have sufficient reputation you will be able to comment on any post. – DavidPostill Nov 10 '14 at 14:54

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .