My Windows XP desktop computer automatically shutdown whenever I press the Left Windows Key (the key with the old windows logo that should show the start menu but instead it shutdown my computer).
It wasn't like that this morning, but now, every time I press the Left Windows Key it automatically shutdown my computer. I have been using this keyboard for over a year and it only happen today.
Here's what I try so far but still has no luck fixing it:
- Uninstall the driver of the keyboard and restart the computer so that It will automatically install a fresh new driver on startup
- Unplug and plug the cable of my keyboard
- Install a different driver for my keyboard
- Uninstall the software I install this morning
- Remove the Left Windows Key from the Keyboard (TEMP)
I never install or update any drivers today.
There were also some keys that now misbehave, like the Left Control Key mute and un-mute the system volume, the Right Control Key closes my browser's tab.
I have a reliable paid Anti-Virus on my computer so I don't think it was a virus.
My OS is Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 3. My keyboard is A4TECH Model: KRS-85.
Please help. Thanks in advance.