There is a shared drive in our university where anyone can share files. I had mapped this as a network drive on my computer earlier but cannot access it anymore. I am using Windows 7.
When I put the given IP (
\\10.3.20.20) in run command, it says
Windows cannot access \\10.3.20.20 with the Error code: 0x80070035
- Everyone else can open it easily
- I can ping it
- I can open it in WinSCP
net view \\10.3.20.20works fine (shows
Samba Server Version 3.0.33-3.7.el5) and gives the list of all folders in it
- I can open it from Windows XP installation from the same computer
- My browser works fine
net use \\10.3.20.20returns
System error 53 has occurred.
- Tried opening this from run
- Tried opening it in explorer
- I tried to map the network to a drive I got the same error message.
- Tried accessing a folder on this location
- I have turned off my firewall and anti-virus, this didn't help.
I live in a hostel, onsite of a university campus, and I'm trying to connect to my uni computer from the hostel. It is here where it fails. I cannot connect to the shared folders on my own workstation within the university from the hostel!
I can RDP into the workstation.