Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Does anyone know of some kind of clamp or other physical attachment that can be used to hold my ipad next to my laptop screen (so I can use it as a second monitor)?

I know how to do it from a softwae point of view. But would like to know the options for the physical attachment

Have googled it extensively but all results are about the software to set it up

any ideas?

share|improve this question

closed as off topic by Dave M, BBlake, CharlieRB, TFM, Everett Jan 15 '13 at 3:08

Questions on Super User are expected to relate to computer software or computer hardware within the scope defined by the community. Consider editing the question or leaving comments for improvement if you believe the question can be reworded to fit within the scope. Read more about reopening questions here.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

You could possibly modify a iPad car cradle to work along side of your laptop. Of course you'll still need a good method of attaching the mount to your laptop, or maybe even a table top.

share|improve this answer
I was hoping there might be something that looks like a long hinge (the length of the side of a laptop screen). And each side of the hinge is able to grip. one side grips the side of the laptop, the other the side of the ipad – ChrisCa Jan 14 '13 at 19:44
They sell various size piano hinges at the hardware store, which would be the type of hinge you describe. That combined with some of the high strength, low adhesive 3M tapes should get you want you want. The tape is really strong, but it doesn't leave any residue behind if you peel it off. – Lee Harrison Jan 14 '13 at 20:16

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .