On Windows 7 Professional SP1 32-bit on a Lenovo Core i5 laptop with 2 GB RAM, Excel 2010 is suddenly hanging on launch. It opens fine in safe mode. Office 2010 shows version 14.0.6029.1000. Very little in terms of other installed software (Pidgin, Acrobat X Standard 10.1.4, Firefox).
Things I've tried:
- Disabled all add-ons (only real one was Acrobat) and removed both XLSTART folders
- Ran Windows Update and restarted
Regsvr32.exe %Windir%\System32\Ole32.dllas admin
- Ran the Repair function from the Add/Delete programs section of the Control Panel
- Uninstalled Excel 2010, restarted, reinstalled from the same installation media (SP1 ISO direct from Microsoft VLS)
- Uninstalled all of office 2010, restarted, reinstalled from same.
None of the above have worked. The real kicker is that Excel seems to be working perfectly when logged in via other AD accounts or as the local administrative user.