I wanted to upgrade the memory in my Acer Aspire 5672wlmi. By default, there are 2 x 1GB DDR2 installed and I wanted to upgrade to 3GB, so I bought a 2GB DDR2 PC667.
When I replace one of the existing modules with the new one (1x1GB + 1x2GB), the PC won't boot anymore (screen stays dark). If I remove the existing 1GB module and only insert the new one, everything works fine.
So I see 2 possibilites:
- The aspire 5670 series only support up to 2GB
- I can not mix a 1GB and a 2GB module and therefore have to buy a second 2GB so I can upgrade do 2x2GB.
So my questions are:
- Which of the two assumptions is true?
- Does my notebook even support 4GB ?
Some further notes:
- This question is very similar. It seems the solution was a BIOS reset. Maybe I have to try that for my notebook too? Here, they mention that mixed sticks worked fine on a similar model.
- Crucial Memory adviser also shows a 4GB kit.
Thanks for any help