Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Apologies if this question is somewhat off-topic (it seems marginally-related to computer hardware based on the FAQ, but I didn't see a more appropriate Stack Exchange forum).

I'm looking for plastic covers that slip onto 2-prong AC power cords and adapters, so that the metal prongs don't poke holes into carrying bags or whatnot during transport. I know that such things exist, since one was included with the AC adapter of my DSL modem (thus I have one -- but I want a few more). However, I can't figure out what terms to use to search for such an item. Any ideas?

share|improve this question
up vote 2 down vote accepted

I came across the following company which sells them as "2-Prong NEMA 1-15P Power Connector Cap/Cover":

share|improve this answer
Excellent, thanks! – jjlin Nov 24 '13 at 20:54

Use a short piece of tubing (e.g., shrink tubing) with the ends slipped over the prongs.

share|improve this answer
Here I was looking through esoteric parts-suppliers. This seems creative. A ball of Play-Doh seems possibly as well. – Solemnity Jan 21 '13 at 4:26

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.