When I try to switch panes in tmux with ctrl+b , tmux sporadically prints the corresponding character code [A, [B, [C, or [D instead of switch panes.
I can do this repeatedly, exactly the same way, 75% the time it will switch properly and the other 25% the time it will print the character code instead.
ctrl+b <up arrow> prints [A ctrl+b <down arrow> prints [B ctrl+b <right arrow> prints [C ctrl+b <left arrow> prints [D
I'm using cygwin connected to Linux Mint. Tmux is running on Linux mint, and the shell I'm using is bash.
Edit: to make this question more search-friendly, I'll add these keywords:
Terminal outputs character codes open bracket A, open bracket B, open bracket C, open bracket D.