Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

My laptop is currently having some wireless issues, so I decided to swap out my wireless cards. The problem is my laptop is a Ultrabook, it uses a non-standard antenna connector. Can some please help me identify the connector on this?

The wireless card can be found here, (source: IFIXIT).

This is only other information I could dig up on Google, .

share|improve this question
up vote 2 down vote accepted

Those look identical to the standard antenna connectors - Apparently Hirose U.FL is the 'normal one', with the other major type being the MMCX connector, which is similar but smaller. I'd guess its the latter

share|improve this answer
I appreciate your answer, but the W. FL connector looks about the same size. I am not sure which one is correct. – x86123 Jan 22 '13 at 4:15
It is a MHF4 connector. – x86123 Jan 23 '13 at 0:15

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.