I work in a BYOD environment and my laptop still have Windows 7.
Every so often I get locked out of the domain at our company and have to phone the IS helpdesk and ask them to unlock my account. Apparently they just reset my account on the domain controller.
A colleague pointed out every time I get locked out there's a virtualapp/didlogical generic credential that appeared out of nowhere in Windows' credential manager.
Some Googling tells me that virtualapp/didlogical generic credential comes from Windows Live Essentials, but I can't find any more information on it. I don't use any of the applications in that package, other than Movie Maker on rare occasions.
It seems to me that some application in Windows Live Essentials is trying to access some service, maybe through the proxy, using the wrong password and causes my account to be locked.
So my questions:
- Is it the virtualapp/didlogical generic credential that causes me to get locked out?
- If so, what can I do about it?
- Is it an application in Windows Live Essentials?
- Can I disable or reconfigure the application?
- If not, how can I troubleshoot the problem?