I've recently installed a Tenda TEG1024D 24 Port Unmanaged Gigabit Switch in order to phase out the additional 8 port 10/100 Mbps switch which was connected to a Netgear ADSL router. There is one computer that hosts both the mysql server and shares files to the rest of the clients on the network. There were no problems before i replaced the 8 port switch however since the Gigabit was installed, i'm having major issues:
- The clients can't access the mysql server
- The clients can't access the shared files
All the computers are assigned correct IP addresses AND
All the computers including the server can connect to the internet.
What could be the problem?
- Is it possible that the Gigabit switch is incompatible with my ADSL router or vice versa?
- I'm using cat5e cables, would that matter?
- The ADSL router is pretty old, one of those small white netgear ones.