Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

How can I create this effect in Photoshop? It basically is square dots that come closer together and are bigger where the image is darker.

Halftone effect

share|improve this question
up vote 3 down vote accepted

That method is called "halftoning", and there is a tutorial for doing it in Photoshop here.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.