This is an extension of a previous post found here.
I am looking for a free solution to transfer all settings for all Office 2010 programs (I currently use Word & Excel, but occasionally use Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.). The best possible option would be to synchronize settings between my laptop Office 2010 installation and desktop automatically, however I do not think Office 2010 provides such functionality.
The customizations I would like to migrate/sync:
- Ribbon & Quick Access toolbars (this is the easy one - just go through the Options under each of these tabs, select Import/Export Settings > Export)
- ALL information in each tab of the Options menu. This includes details down to the kerning of the font. More generally, I want to set things like my default font to, let's say, Tahoma size 11 on each & every new document, then have that setting migrated/synced to the other computer.
- Default document metadata: This may be a function of the working template, though... which is a customizable setting in the Options menu. See 2nd item above.
- All of the default pre-set table styles in Excel, for example, or the pre-set heading styles in Word.
- Anything else I'm missing that is customizable outside the bounds of these items.
Am I just shooting too high for hopes like these? Secondly, am I shooting extra high by asking for a free solution, since I've already purchased the two licenses to Office 2010?