- I turned on my Windows 7 machine, checked my email, installed an auto-update to AMD Catalyst to version 13.1, installation proceeded as normal. I did not immediately restart, but then proceeded to shut down my machine with no issue.
- Came back later that day (after apx. 6 hours), turn on the machine, and I get one of these: "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key"
- I checked my BIOS for my OCZ Vertex 2 SSD, it didn't detect it.
- I proceeded to check the power/SATA cables, replaced multiple cables, eventually swapped it into the place of another hard drive, still nothing.
- I burned a copy of OCZ Tools and booted with it, still didn't detect the hard drive.
- I moved the hard drive to another machine, booted it with OCZ tools, still didn't detect the hard drive.
My guess is the hard drive simply fried, but I have no clue how to deal with SSDs. Basically what I would like to do is just salvage the data, but it appears so much like some sort of issue with the firmware on the drive.