Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I am looking for something similar to the chrome extension, DeadMouse for jumping tabs. I know there is Ctrl+#, but is there a way to use some sort of hotkey to then switch tabs via typing in text? I have searched and cannot find an extension that already does this. Focus existing tab on open does not appear to be available least not in my updated chrome. Will I have to create my own extension?

share|improve this question

Why not pin these tabs (right click -> Pin Tab) and use Ctrl-# you mentioned?

Or Ctrl-Shift to go to the next tab (and Ctrl-Shift-Tab) to switch between two adjacent tabs?

share|improve this answer
First, I have too many pinned tabs. Second, it is much more convenient to type cnbc than remember it is the 7th tab. – Justin Pihony Jan 30 '13 at 3:38

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.