Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I am looking for something similar to the chrome extension, DeadMouse for jumping tabs. I know there is Ctrl+#, but is there a way to use some sort of hotkey to then switch tabs via typing in text? I have searched and cannot find an extension that already does this. Focus existing tab on open does not appear to be available least not in my updated chrome. Will I have to create my own extension?

share|improve this question

Why not pin these tabs (right click -> Pin Tab) and use Ctrl-# you mentioned?

Or Ctrl-Shift to go to the next tab (and Ctrl-Shift-Tab) to switch between two adjacent tabs?

share|improve this answer
First, I have too many pinned tabs. Second, it is much more convenient to type cnbc than remember it is the 7th tab. – Justin Pihony Jan 30 '13 at 3:38

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .